Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Weber's Big Book of Grilling
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless red snapper fillets
- 1 lb plum tomato, cored and diced
- 1 medium avocado, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 -10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- Make marinade: in a bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together.
- Put fish fillets in a large plastic zip-lock bag; pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal; turn bag to distribute marinade; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the salsa: in a bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; season with more salt and lime juice, if desired.
- Remove fillets from bag; discard marinade.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides with vegetable oil.
- Grill over direct high heat until fish begins to flake, 3-4 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Remove from grill; separate into large flakes with two forks.
- Heat tortillas over direct high heat for about 30 seconds without turning; wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Clean, core, and cut the lettuce into crosswise slices.
- Let each person assemble their own fajitas, piling the lettuce and fish on the warm tortillas and topping with the salsa.