Weber's Big Book of Grilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless red snapper fillets
- 1 lb plum tomato, cored and diced
- 1 medium avocado, finely diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Make marinade: in a bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together.
- 2Put fish fillets in a large plastic zip-lock bag; pour in the marinade.
- 3Press the air out of the bag and seal; turn bag to distribute marinade; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Make the salsa: in a bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; season with more salt and lime juice, if desired.
- 5Remove fillets from bag; discard marinade.
- 6Lightly brush or spray both sides with vegetable oil.
- 7Grill over direct high heat until fish begins to flake, 3-4 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- 8Remove from grill; separate into large flakes with two forks.
- 9Heat tortillas over direct high heat for about 30 seconds without turning; wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- 10Clean, core, and cut the lettuce into crosswise slices.
- 11Let each person assemble their own fajitas, piling the lettuce and fish on the warm tortillas and topping with the salsa.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Snapper Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 1265.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 54.9 g