Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tuna, salmon, cod, or any firm-fleshed white fish can be used in this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs steaks
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno chili juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pickled jalapeno chilies, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- thinly sliced green onion, and top as garnish
- 6 lime wedges
- Arrange fish in glass baking dish.
- Combine lime juice, jalapeno juice, and cumin; pour over fish.
- Arrange onion, jalapeno chilies, garlic, and cilantro over fish.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours, turning fish once.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fish on serving platter; sprinkle with green onion and serve with lime wedges.
fool-proof and delicious, i think this would be a great recipe to serve guests. next time i'll use salmon, which i like better than snapper. thanks Dancer!