Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Paul Kandel on allrecipes.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets
- white pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spread butter into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange fish fillets in a single layer over the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2 Bake for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, whip egg whites in a clean dry bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the parsley, mustard and tarragon.
- Spread the egg white mixture over the fish in a layer about 1 inch thick.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- 3 Return to the oven, and bake for about 6 more minutes, or until meringue is golden, and fish flakes with a fork.