Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is really good grilled.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6-8 ounces and 1-inch thick each)
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced into rings (or other sweet onion)
- 1 dash soy sauce
- •Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Open fish basket and line one side with strips of bacon, leaving a 1/2 inch space between slices.
- •Cover the layer of bacon with a layer of onion rings.
- •Place the red snapper fillets on top of the onion. Cover red snapper fillets with more onion, then strips of bacon over the onion.
- •Close the basket, and lightly sprinkle with soy sauce.
- •Place the basket on the hot grill, and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the bacon is just cooked through.
- •Remove from grill and open the basket.
- •Place a similarly-sized plate upside down onto the food, and flip the basket and plate over so that the food is on top of the plate. Lift off the basket, and serve.