Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The sour cream and chives gives this potato side dish a wonderful taste.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red creamer potatoes, washed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chives
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot, then reduce heat and simmer until done.
- Drain and place on low heat for a couple minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Add milk, butter, sour cream and chives.
- Mash and add salt and pepper to taste.
These were good, but we had to add salt and garlic. Without the salt and garlic it was kind of bland.
I love mashed potatoes, sour cream and chives so had to give this recipe a try. My potatoes were rather large so I added extra butter and sour cream. I think next time I would prefer peeling the potatoes but all in all very tasty! Thank you for posting this recipe Marie. Made and reviewed for the Red Tag Game in the TOTM forum.
I have never been a fan of "flavored" potatoes, but wanted something different tonight. I am converted! Very easy and not overpowering.