Recipe by s'kat
My husband and I honeymooned in Sanderling, and visited the Red Sky Cafe at least 3 times during our stay. Recipe courtesy Chef Wes Steppe from the Red Sky Cafe in Duck, NC. Prep time includes sitting time for salad.
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, ground fine
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 7 ounces tuna steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup poached green beans
- 1⁄2 cup pasta, of choice (al dente)
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- black sesame seed
- sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, noodles, sesame oil, soy and sesame seeds with the bok choy and cabbage.
- Let it marinate at least 1 hour.
- Dredge tuna steak in cashews.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan.
- When oil is hot, saute tuna on each side about 2 minutes per side for medium rare steak.
- Heat bean and noodle salad in saute pan.
- Serve tuna on top of pasta salad and finish with fresh salsa.