Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great side dish with steak, chicken or burgers. Not for the those looking for low-fat recipes. Just so yummy like potato skins appetizers.
- 12 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (I like to use a cookie sheet and bake my bacon because it is easier and bacon come out better this w)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced
- Clean and cut potatoes into cubes. Add potatoes and sliced butter to a microwave safe covered dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes and then stir to coat all potatoes. Season with salt, pepper (or seasoned salt) to taste.
- Return to microwave and cook (covered) on high for another 5 minutes. Stir and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Check the potatoes to see if they are done (fork tender), if not, add another 5 minutes and let rest again.
- Add cheese, bacon and mix with potatoes and cook on high in microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. If you would like a crisper potatoes then put the dish in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes rather than microwave for the last 2 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and sliced green onions.
Made these last night to go with Diner's Swiss Steak#229108 and a green salad for dinner. Fabulous!! I cut the recipe in half and boiled them till almost tender and then but them in the oven for about 20 minutes. I sprinkled green onion on them when they came out. Made for Think Pink Tag Game 2009.
Seriously, how could this not have turned out fantastic?? Totally loved it!! It was a great side dish to grilled burgers. I used 5 pounds of potatoes and the same amounts of everything else. For the bacon, I just used the "scissor method": cut the bacon into small strips using clean kitchen scissors & fry as normal. This method saves you from trying to crumble hot bacon strips.l
Easy to make, and definitely a crowd pleaser. I boiled the potatoes instead of microwaved. Then drained them and mixed with butter. Added the cheese and bacon, and baked for 20 mins. Excellent! Thank you for sharing!