Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my Daughter's Mother in law. It is the best of the best. Please try it.
- 8 red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 small onions, Chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (or milk for less fat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- Cut potatoes (do not peel) in 1/4 and simmer in water in large pot till tender, then drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt 1 Tbl. butter, add onions and saute' till soft.
- Mash flour with the rest of the butter, then add to pot, mix in the broth, stirring till it thickens (add about 1-2 more Tbls. of the flour if desired) mixture will not be very thick.
- Mashed the potatoes until smooth, leaving some chunks.
- Add to broth with chopped chicken. Stir till well mixed and simmer 20 minutes. Add sour cream, 1/2 & 1/2 and seasonings.
- Simmer till heated. Before serving stir in grated cheese.
I thought the chicken didn't really go with the rest of the soup. This would probably be better with bacon. Made for Zaar Stars Tag
a couple of adjustments were made for this delicious soup, I added in 2 tablespoons fresh garlic and 2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes in with the onion, thanks for sharing Teresa my DH enjoyed this very much!
This is just wonderful. So rich and filling. I love potato skins so I knew I was going to love this. I made as directed and didn't think it needed any of the flour. It was nice and thick. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful soup.