Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the June, 06 issue of a British magazine called Country Kitchen, which promotes the use of seasonal, fresh ingredients. Haven't made this yet, but am posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red new potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and chopped
- In a large pan of salted water, boil potatoes until just cooked. Drain, rinsed under cold water, and leave to cool.
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and cook gently until softened. Add honey and vinegar to pan and bring to a boil. Blend cornflour and water and add to the honey mixture. Cook mixture until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Crumble bacon into the pan, and add the fresh or dried dill. Cut the cooled potatoes in half (leave skins on).
- In large bowl, combine potatoes and watercress. Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.