1/3 Photos of Red Skin Dill Potato Salad
There are no words!! My hubby and I eat this warm it is so good - we just can't wait for the potatoes to cool before adding the dressing to them! This was originally a Bon Appetit/Gourmet recipe that has been tweaked to our family's liking! Cooking time includes time for the potatoes to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces with skins on
- 1/2-1 cup pickle juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 1/2-1 t dried dill)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 hardboiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes.
- 2Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Drizzle pickle juices over hot potatoes and toss gently.
- 4Cool to room temperature.
- 5Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, mustard, sugar and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 6Pour over potatoes.
- 7Add eggs, onions and pickles to potato salad and toss to blend.
- 8Refrigerate until serving time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Skin Dill Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 621.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: