Recipe by Mom2Rose
There are no words!! My hubby and I eat this warm it is so good - we just can't wait for the potatoes to cool before adding the dressing to them! This was originally a Bon Appetit/Gourmet recipe that has been tweaked to our family's liking! Cooking time includes time for the potatoes to cool.
Top Review by mommyoffour
We loved this salad. I have never made a potato salad with pickle juice and chopped up dills. DH kept eating and eating and eating, that to me is the biggest compliment. Thank you for sharing, its a keeper for sure.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces with skins on
- 1⁄2-1 cup pickle juice
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 1/2-1 t dried dill)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 hardboiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle pickle juices over hot potatoes and toss gently.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, mustard, sugar and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Add eggs, onions and pickles to potato salad and toss to blend.
- Refrigerate until serving time.