Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
i've made this with mussels and scallops too. or try a combo of all 3. this is a quick easy week night meal
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup basil
- 1 lime, cut in 8 wedges
- salt and pepper
- cooked jasmine rice
- in a large skillet saute red curry paste over med-hi heat until fragrant, 1 minute add coconut milk and clam juice, stirring to dissolve paste.
- boil until thickened, about 7 minutes.
- add shrimp and cook until they turn pink 3-4 minutes.
- stir in cilantro, add salt& pepper to taste.
- serve over cooked rice and garnish each dish with 2 lime wedges.
To the milk and juice I added brown sugar. I used thai basil.And topped with crushed peanuts. This was very yummy.
I had much the same problems as lizeroo had in that the sauce did not thicken, even after some agressive boiling. I also think it needed more curry paste as the coconut milk came through more than did the red curry. I sauteed the shrimp with a tablespoon of chopped ginger and used coconut cream; not milk, and of course, cilantro. A good recipe, but needs some improvement.
this was really easy to follow, but i omitted the clam juice, and i added shallots instead of cilantro and it came out great!