Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Nigella Lawson's Feast Cookbook from the Thanksgiving section. It looks like a really good way to use leftover turkey.
- 2 red chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 limes, juice of or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into half moons
- black pepper
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cold from the fridge
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red cabbage, approximately 8 cups when chopped
- 8 ounces radishes
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Finely chop the chilies with or without seeds depending on how hot you like it, and drop them in a large bowl.
- Add garlic, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, and vegetable oil, whisking to combine. Add the red onion and grind some black pepper over.
- Leave to steep for 15 minutes, making sure everything has combined.
- Add the shredded turkey and leave to marinate for another 15 minutes.
- Shred the cabbage and slice the radish, adding them to the bowl, and tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
This was okay, but he radishes made it slightly bitter. Next time I'll only use turkey breast.