Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A rich red sauce with shrimp (or any other seafood you'd like to add).
Make and share this Red Seafood Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 793.78 g can san marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper, ground
- 236.59 ml dry white wine or 236.59 ml white vermouth
- 236.59 ml seafood stock (or clam juice)
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, minced
- 1 fresh bay leaf, minced
- 453.59 g shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and shallot and saute for three to five minutes. Add red pepper, salt and pepper and saute for a minute or two. Add tomatoes, wine, thyme and bay leaf and cook, over low heat, for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp just before serving and either cook until pink, if fresh, or simply heat through. Toss in 3/4 lb cooked linguine.
This is really a treat. Great flavors. I used diced tomatoes but will look for the crushed ones next time. My sauce was a little juicier because of this, I think, but certainly didn't detract from the flavor. This would be good with scallops also. I served mine with whole grain linguini, a crusty baguette and a salad. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.