Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert sauce is meant to be a bright, fruity sauce for rice pudding, ice cream, and other dessert puddings.
- Boil strawberries and water for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little cold water, then add it to the strawberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring all the time; it will thicken.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve with rice pudding, ice cream or other dessert puddings.
Great sauce, I served this over crepe like dessert yesterday, I plan on trying again with blue berries! Very good!
This Red Sauce was just right over the vanilla ice cream we had tonight. Looking forward to trying it on rice pudding or even a bread pudding. Made for ZWTIII,
"Reviewed for ZWT3. I loved the versatility of this sauce! We tried it on pancakes, over ice-ream, DS had it blended into his milk in the morning.... So easy to make too - I had to use fresh strawberries and loved the slight tartness to the sauce..PERFECT!"