Recipe by KittyKitty
Spray your hands with cooking spray so meatballs don't stick to your hands.You can make this ahea and refrigerate fr a day or freeze up to one month This recipe feeds up to 10 people.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 12 small onions, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 garlic cloves, minced & divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients, half of monced garlic, 1 tablespoon each of basil and parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 32 (1 inch) balls.
- Place a rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil lined broiler pan. Arrange meatballs on rack.Bake at 400F for 10 minutes or until meatbalss are browned.
- Saute chopped onion and reaming half of garlic in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add red wine, tomatoes, sugar, and reamining, basil, parsley, and oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and add meatballs. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Serve tomato sauce & meatballs over linguine.