Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and very easy to make cooked red salsa.
Make and share this Red Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse the tomatoes and chilies. Chili serrano is the chili of choice but you can substitute Jalapenos or any other favorite.
- Roast the chilies and tomatoes. As soon as the skins on the chilies are blistered, they're done. The tomatoes need to be soft all the way through.
- Peel the tomatoes. A little blackened pulp is okay. Remove the hard stems from the tomatoes and chilies.
- Place the garlic, chilies, and tomatoes in a blender. Puree the mixture, pour into saucepan, add water and salt.
- Bring to a slow simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the salsa has turned a bright red color.
- Best served warm.