Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I serve it over my NY Style Cheesecake (New York Cheesecake). But it would also be good over waffles, pancakes, ice cream or poundcake.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Delicious! I thickened it up even a little more than the recipe called for, and then used it as a topping for cupcakes with a dollop of frosting on top. Lots leftover which I'm thinking of freezing, will be nice to have in cold winter months. Thanks for sharing, it was very easy to make with great flavour.
OMG! This is amazing! So simple and absolutely delicious! I had intended to make pancakes this morning but that didn't happen. I ended up making dessert plans for this instead. I used Lavender Sugar With Vanilla instead of regular sugar to make the sauce and then I made Little Lemon Pound Cake for 2. We spooned this sauce over the top with a little dollop of leftover Strawberries Jamaica cream topping as well. Fabulous! This sauce was a huge hit with everyone. I particularly loved the use of orange juice concentrate instead of water. It really did add another dimension to the sauce. Thanks so much for sharing, DoubleA's Mom! I'll be using it on anything & everything now! Made & enjoyed for French Forum's Rhapsody in Rouge! Strawberry Festival in May tag game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=332939&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0