Recipe by CIndytc
This is an old recipe from my mom, who cannot remember where she got it from...But it is a favorite of my daughters and I am posting this for safe keeping as I am making up some recipe books with my kids favorites in it to give them....UPDATE: I made this in my crockpot and it turns out great...just dust pieces of meat with flour and turn on low for 8-10 hours..serve with mashed potatoes...
- 1 round steak, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced up
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (I use A-1)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up oil in dutch oven or a big pan. Dip steak pieces in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown meat.
- Add all of the rest ingredients and bring to boil. Turn down and simmer for a 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cover if it gets too thick. Serve over hot mashed potatoes.
- Leftovers freeze well.