Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Source: Guys Big Bite
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons tequila (recommended ( Cabo Wabo Reposado)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium mixing bowl add cilantro, tequila, garlic, cumin, oregano, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add the chicken breasts to resealable gallon bag and pour in marinade.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Heat grill to high.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and add chicken to the grill.
- Cook chicken thoroughly on both sides, remove from heat and cover.
- Let sit for 5 minutes Remove chicken from the bone and thinly slice or shred.