Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Guy Fieri. I am going to try this recipe tonight. The prep time includes time to marinate.
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced rounds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons tequila (recommended ( Cabo Wabo Reposado)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded, julienne
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups canola oil
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl add jalapenos, cilantro, tequila, garlic, red chili flakes, cumin, oregano, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the chicken breasts and red bell peppers to resealable gallon bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Heat grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade, and add chicken to the grill.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and the granulated garlic.
- Heat the canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- Remove bell peppers from marinade and dredge in flour and fry until crispy. When done drain on paper towels.
- Cook chicken thoroughly on both sides, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes Remove chicken from the bone and thinly slice or shred.
- Lightly toast rolls. Spread mayonnaise evenly among the rolls and then stack evenly with the cabbage, onion, chicken breast, fried peppers, and top with cheese.