Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe--I get this every time I go there!!
Make and share this Red Robin Teriyaki and Pineapple Burger recipe from Food.com.
- Form round burger patty. Marinate burger patty in bowl #1 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Marinate pineapple ring in bowl #2 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Remove burger patty and grill on high heat to desired doneness.
- Melt Cheddar cheese on top of patty while still on grill pan by covering with lid.
- Grill pineapple ring on medium heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread mayo on both halves of the bun.
- On bottom bun, place tomato slices, followed by the broiled hamburger patty with cheese (tomato on the bottom!).
- On top of burger patty, stack the pineapple ring and shredded lettuce.
- Put the two together and you've got a signature Red Robin burger; one that's both sweet, salty and hearty.
I don't normally like burgers but my DH is a big fan. This burger definitely exceeded my expectation! I don't have griller, so I broiled some turkey sausage patties. After the meat was done and went ahead to turn off the broiler, and then I put two marinated pineapple rings in my oven to allow broiling with the remaining heat. Turned out great! The only downside of this recipe to me is that it's a little messy to eat because of the pineapple. However, it tasted really good!
Sorry, but this was not at all like Red Robin's teriyaki burger (which I get every time I'm there). Soaking the meat and pineapple in this much teriyaki sauce completely eliminated any original flavor, I could barely taste anything but the sauce, which overpowered everything I put on the burger (and not in a good way). It should be noted that Red Robin uses swiss cheese, not cheddar.
these were delish!!! will definetaly make again!!!!