Recipe by #1 Baker
I love this recipe--I get this every time I go there!!
Top Review by SharonChen
I don't normally like burgers but my DH is a big fan. This burger definitely exceeded my expectation! I don't have griller, so I broiled some turkey sausage patties. After the meat was done and went ahead to turn off the broiler, and then I put two marinated pineapple rings in my oven to allow broiling with the remaining heat. Turned out great! The only downside of this recipe to me is that it's a little messy to eat because of the pineapple. However, it tasted really good!
- 1⁄3 lb hamburger meat
- 1 hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 pineapple ring
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce (divided into 2 separate bowls)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Form round burger patty. Marinate burger patty in bowl #1 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Marinate pineapple ring in bowl #2 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Remove burger patty and grill on high heat to desired doneness.
- Melt Cheddar cheese on top of patty while still on grill pan by covering with lid.
- Grill pineapple ring on medium heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread mayo on both halves of the bun.
- On bottom bun, place tomato slices, followed by the broiled hamburger patty with cheese (tomato on the bottom!).
- On top of burger patty, stack the pineapple ring and shredded lettuce.
- Put the two together and you've got a signature Red Robin burger; one that's both sweet, salty and hearty.