Prep 50 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adapted this from a recipe on the Robin Hood site, makers of Red River cereal, which by the way, is an EXCELLENT high fiber, tasty hot cereal. It called for cranberries, didn't have any, coped. My 3 year old grandson loves these "muppins". Very moist, tasty.
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats or 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup red river cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1T lemon juice, fill cup with milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Combine oats, Red River and milk in large bowl, let stand 40 minutes.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Add butter and egg to cereal mixture.
- Add dry ingredients& mix well.
- Stir in dates.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Turn out to cool and store in airtight container, if there are any to store.
- Prep time includes letting cereal soak for 40 minutes.