Recipe by Loves-2-Cook
I have not made this yet but it looks very good. I got the recipe out of a Rachael Ray magazine.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 2 cups thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced large black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute to coat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and the salsa and bring to a boil, stirring once or twice.
- Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and stir in the corn. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in the olives and cilantro.