Recipe by lucid501
This was published in Real Simple magazine, September 06. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a great, quick alternative to plain rice. ZWT 3: US (southern us) and Mexican/SW/Tex-Mex (salsa)
Top Review by cmeadors6158
Tweaked it a bit: 1 3/4 c. chicken broth, 3/4 c. hot salsa, pinch of salt, T butter, 1 c. long grain rice. Bring all but rice to boil, then add rice and simmer for 15 minutes. Place in casserole dish, sprinkle with Mexican Cheese, cover, place in oven at 250* to keep warm and melt cheese while preparing the rest of the meal.
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup salsa, your favorite
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring salsa, salt, and water to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork before serving.