1/5 Photos of Red Rice (Salsa Rice)
This was published in Real Simple magazine, September 06. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a great, quick alternative to plain rice. ZWT 3: US (southern us) and Mexican/SW/Tex-Mex (salsa)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring salsa, salt, and water to a boil.
- 2Add rice and stir.
- 3Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4Simmer until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 7 to 10 minutes.
- 6Fluff with fork before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Rice (Salsa Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 243.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g