Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vintage magazine recipe from the 50s. My mother in law thinks it was from Woman's Day, but maybe it was Family Circle. All I know is I've eaten it more than once and it's delicious!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small green chili peppers (optional) or 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, sautee onion and garlic in butter and olive oil until soft.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Heat to boiling and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff up rice with a fork spoon into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with several green chili peppers, chopped green onions, etc.
Colorful and tasty addition to our chicken tacos and guacamole. Made for Spring PAC 2013.