Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
My version of a classic rice dish...
Make and share this Red Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (diced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, brown rice in olive oil.
- Add shallots, garlic, and cumin, mix thoroughly.
- Stir in tomatoes with sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, chicken broth, and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir, plate, and garnish with parsley.