Recipe by College Girl
This is from the 1977 Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Casserole Recipes book. For tomato and cheese lovers only! Yummy!!
- 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni (2 cups)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 slices American cheese (8 oz.)
- 7 slices tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs, soft (2 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Stir together soups and milk; stirk in cooked macaroni.
- Turn mixture into a 12 by 7 1/2 by 2" baking dish.
- Alternate cheese and tomato slices down center of casserole.
- Toss crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle atop.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.