Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Combine raspberries and gelatin,set aside.
- Sift together flour,sugar,baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add shortening,milk and eggs.
- Beat at low speed to blend.
- Beat at medium speed 3 minutes until batter is smooth.
- Arrange marshmallows in well greased 13x9x2 inch cake pan.
- Pour batter over marshmallows.
- Spoon raspberry mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake in 350 oven for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This cake is easy to prepare, not too sweet, and not too heavy. In fact, it's very refreshing!