Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was posted in US Magazine in December. It says that this is one of the recipes that Marco Borges fixed for Beyonce and Jay Z for lunch during their 22 day vegan challenge. While I try to eat vegan every day for lunch (for health reasons) I had to assume this recipe would be a winner if meat eaters liked it. And guess what - it's a FABULOUS recipe!!! I did swap out lemon infused olive oil which I think it what put mine over the top, so if you don't have it I highly recommend adding a squeeze of lemon to your dressing. WOW was this palate pleasing. Note: If you like a lot of dressing and aren't counting calories, feel free to double the dressing.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (I used lemon infused olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 cups arugula, packed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups cantaloupe, chunks (bite sized pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (walnuts work well too)
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- One two serving plates, evenly divide the arugula, topped by the quinoa, then the cantaloupe and nuts, drizzled with dressing and finished off with fresh cracked pepper.