Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Enjoy this wonderful pudding with your special someone this year on February 14th! Its unusual and delicious! Recipe from the Thursday magazine.
- 1 cup cut and boiled red pumpkin, pieces
- 10 cashews, soaked in water
- 1⁄2 liter boiled milk (Use full cream milk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 -5 drops rose essence
- 3 -5 drops of any food coloring (optional)
- 5 golden raisins
- 5 -6 saffron strands
- 7 almonds, blanched and sliced
- Soak the cashewnuts in water for 30 minutes.
- Add these with boiled red pumpkin pieces and sugar.
- Grind this very well in a grinder.
- Boil milk in a large vessel.
- Add the ground mixture to the boiled milk and mix well.
- Since this mix itself will be thick, there is no need for adding condensed milk.
- Add a few drops of rose essence and food colour.
- Garnish it with cut almond pieces, a few strands of saffron and a few raisins.
- Note: If your adding the strands of saffron, then separate food colour may not be required because saffron will provide a nice yellow colour to the pudding.
- Serve warm.