Recipe by Acerast
My friend DeEtta helped put together a cookbook of family recipes which they called "Aromas of the Past and the Present. Her family is of Danish heritage. This was submitted by Vi Nissen. I've not yet made this nor are there any cooking times. Please let me know how long it takes when you make it :)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts rhubarb, cut in 1-inch lengths
- water, to cover
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- cream or milk, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rhubarb in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and boil until rhubarb is tender (no cooking time given - maybe 15-20 minutes).
- Add sugar and food coloring; reduce heat and stir in tapioca, stirring occasionally and cooking slowly until thick.
- May be served hot or cold with milk or cream.