Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Prawns cooked in a dark red thai curry.
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 2 lemongrass, stalks outer layer removed
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 lbs raw prawns
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Add coriander, black pepper, salt, ground red pepper, onion (chopped), garlic cloves, ginger, lime leaf, and lemon grass stalks to a blender and blend to a paste. Add a small amount of water if necessary in order to make a paste.
- Drain paste into a frying pad and fry until fragrant (ensuring that the onion is cooked).
- Stir in coconut milk, boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add prawns, lime leaves, mint, and basil. Continue simmering for about 5 minutes, or until prawns are cooked.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice.