Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A homemade side that I have been making for years. This will go with almost any main dish.
Make and share this Red Potatoes With Butter and Chives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 lb red potatoes, rinsed, skin on
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- fresh chives, minced
- salt and pepper
- Bring a 2 quart sauce pot half full of water to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil dice potatoes to 1/4 inch cubes.
- Add cubed potatoes to boiling water and cook on a slow boil until just fork tender (still firm).
- Drain in a colander and return potatoes to pot.
- Add butter cubes and gently stir until butter has melted.
- Stir in minced chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Simple, easy and delicious - what more could you ask for? I steamed 24 oz. of miniature red potatoes in the microwave, then tossed in a bowl with 3 T. butter and plenty of chives. Made a wonderful side dish that was very flavorful. Made in memory of Papa D.
Wonderful and sooo easy. Made as directed using fresh chives from the garden. Served with an omlet and toast. Made in memory of Papa D.
Simple, easy and delish! RIP Papa D. Made for Papa D Cook-a-Thon