Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
A homemade side that I have been making for years. This will go with almost any main dish.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Simple, easy and delicious - what more could you ask for? I steamed 24 oz. of miniature red potatoes in the microwave, then tossed in a bowl with 3 T. butter and plenty of chives. Made a wonderful side dish that was very flavorful. Made in memory of Papa D.
- 1 -2 lb red potatoes, rinsed, skin on
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- fresh chives, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a 2 quart sauce pot half full of water to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil dice potatoes to 1/4 inch cubes.
- Add cubed potatoes to boiling water and cook on a slow boil until just fork tender (still firm).
- Drain in a colander and return potatoes to pot.
- Add butter cubes and gently stir until butter has melted.
- Stir in minced chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.