Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
Very good side dish! Can be made 1 day ahead! Given to me by my friend across the street, she got this from a Bon Appetit magazine. She is a wonderful cook!
- Cook beans in large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp tender, 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water.
- Drain; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain; transfer to large bowl.
- Sprinkle vermouth over hot potatoes; toss gently and let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk, vinegar, shallot, and mustard in small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Cool completely.
- Mix in green beans and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper.
- Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover& refrigerate.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
A vegetarian version of the iconic Salade NiÃ§oise, with an interesting twist from the vermouth. The amount of dressing is way too much and makes it oily; use about half the oil and vinegar. The four stars are with the adjusted amount of dressing; the original would only get three stars from me.