Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great side dish. It is very hearty but yet impressive. I got this recipe from my sister years ago. It isn't for those that are watching their weight (special occasions are allowed).
- 8 red potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 ounces bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut up potatoes by 1/4 or 1/8 sections, depending on their size.
- Place them in 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix up rest of ingredients and gently stir into potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, covered.
This is so yummy! I cut the recipe in half and it seemed to work great...I did cook it the full 60 minutes...the only negative thing about this dish is that the yummy coating doesn't stick to the potatoes...hubby loved it so much he wants to make sure I make it again...btw...I used 1.5 lbs of potato for half the recipe...made for Spring PAC 2013 =)
This dish tasted so good. It had a unique taste to other potato dishes I tried, but I can't quite put a finger on what it is. I did use Yukon gold potatoes, because I had just bought a large bag of them. I only used 4 strips of bacon and fresh parsley. It's delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely outstanding! I made this with steak for dinner and it was thoroughly loved by all. Thanks!