Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this soup on a cold day, I made a batch this morning, the house smells lovely.
Make and share this Red Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Start by frying the bacon in a 2 gallon stockpot over medium heat. When the bacon is about half cooked, add in the onions, parsley, garlic and celery. Cook until the onions and celery are softened.
- Add 4 quarts of water to the stockpot. Bring to a boil, then add potatoes. Cook for 40 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally.
- After 40 minutes, spoon about 1/2 of the potatoes with liquid into a blender. Puree till smooth, add the pureed potatoes back into the pot along with the salt, pepper and half-and-half.
- Cook for an additional 20 minutes, covered.
- Stir frequently.
- Serve garnished with grated cheddar cheese and serve with warm French bread.
- Season to taste.
Wonderful...after reviewing the new recipes over a cup of coffee this morning I couldn't stop thinking how nice this would taste for supper with a salad and some homemade rolls. Yummmm I am so pleased! Thanks for a great recipe..followed exactly and didn't alter at all. Had to beat husband off with a spoon it smelled so great!