Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from a local source. FRESH basil *only*!
- 4 -6 medium red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon honey (if you want this vegan, use another type sugar)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (plus some celery leaves)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and pour over enough water to cover by about 2 inches.
- Set the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the basil, oil, honey and vinegar in a blender and puree until smooth (if necessary, add a little water or broth to help in pureeing.).
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the basil mixture and stir to coat. Fold in the celery.
- Cover and chill or serve at room temperature.
- Before serving, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
I made this as per the recipe.This was a lovely yet different potato salad to what we usually have, which we enjoyed very much. I thought I could hide the white Balsamic Vinegar in this salad but DD picked it up straight away, although she still enjoyed it. Next time I might use less basil as the basil tended to take over the flavour just a little. A wonderful salad to serve on a hot day. Thanks Cookgirl.