Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
In ‘Mary Mac’s Tea Room’
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and diced
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup bread and butter pickles, diced
- 2 cups diced red onions
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a stockpot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat; reduce the heat and simmer, cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Place in a large bowl; add the hard-cooked eggs, the diced pickles, and red onions, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, mayonnaise, vinegar, celery salt, salt, and pepper.
- Add to the potato mixture, mixing to combine.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, until well chilled.