Recipe by Derf
A nice summer potato salad with a little kick.
Top Review by idaframe
Did someone say hot, hot, hot? Nah, just the right amount of heat if you take out the seeds and white pith from the jalapeno. I only used 1/2 pepper as I was afraid to add more, and I went easy on the cayenne. We had it with our Fried Chicken, and the whole family gave it a flying 5 stars!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, diced large 1 inch
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, no fat type
- 1 egg, hard boiled, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes with skin on, dice 1 inch; place in pot of salted water and boil until tender, about 15 minutes; drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place onions, chives, celery and jalapeño pepper, salt to taste and mix.
- Place cooled potatoes in a large bowl, add onion mix; add mustard and no fat mayonnaise; combine.
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with egg slices and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate until serving.