Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this salad, I made all year round.
- 6 lbs cleaned red potatoes
- 3 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a very large pot, boil the red potatoes in salted water until tender but still firm (about 15 minutes).
- Drain and set aside.
- When cool, chop the potatoes.
- In a saucepan, place the eggs in just enough cold water to cover them.
- Cook for 13 minutes (water should just come to a boil).
- Remove from heat and let eggs stand in the water for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from water and cool.
- Peel eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Chop egg whites and set aside.
- Set the egg yolks aside.
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until done.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- When cool, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the red potatoes, egg whites, parsley and green onion.
- In a blender, mix the egg yolks, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potato mixture.
- Stir well until all ingredients are well blended.
- Chill before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.