Recipe by Jean G
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Savory Dinner Biscuits, loaded with favor and made with a hint of sweetness. The recipe is an original creation using Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, red potatoes, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt and dried chives.
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons dried chives, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in medium sauce pan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are soft; drain. Cover potatoes with cold water, drain again, then mash slightly using a potato masher. Measure 2-cups mashed potatoes. Set aside to completely cool.
- Heat oven to 450°F Spray large cookie sheet with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, Ranch seasoning mix, 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons dried chives. Add mashed potatoes and mix gently.
- In a separate large bowl beat eggs, oil and yogurt with a wire whisk; mix dry ingredients into egg mixture in two batches. Do not over stir.
- Drop 1/4 cup dough 1-inch apart onto cookie sheet. In a small dish mix remaining 1 tablespoon each parmesan cheese and chives; sprinkle on biscuits. Bake at 450F for 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.