1/2 Photos of Red Potato Crusted Fish
The fish is crusted with thinly sliced crisp potatoes. Use a mandolin to get the potatoes paper thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g catfish (3 filets) or 453.59 g tilapia fillet, washed and dried (3 filets)
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large red potatoes, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds so you can almost see th them
- 9.85-14.78 ml butter, plus
- 9.85-14.78 ml olive oil, to cover bottom of pan
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, sliced (to garnish)
- 1Mix basil, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and rub into filets.
- 2Brush fish with egg then place 6 slices of potato to cover fish.
- 3Heat oil and butter in pan.
- 4Gentle place potato side down in hot pan and do not move.
- 5Place on top side six more slices of potato.
- 6Cook till you see the edges are browning and the filtes move easily about 4-5 minutes.
- 7Ever so carefully flip fish away from you.
- 8Trying to keep the potatoes in place.
- 9Fry for 4 more minutes.
- 10Drain on paper towel.
- 11Serve hot seasoned with salt,lemon juice and garnish with lemon slices.
- 12OPTIONAL --
- 13Pan fry the one side then place the oven proof pan under the broiler to finish cooking and browning the top side.
- 14So you don`t have to flip.
- 15Just keep an eye not to burn it.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Potato Crusted Fish
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 20.7 g