Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This elegant recipe makes the perfect dish to make your guests feel welcome and very special.;) It takes a little more time than a quick batch of scrambled eggs, but it's worth the effort . . .every minute of it. The results look terrific and taste even better. :) Pepperidge Farm newsletter.You can sub it with leftover turkey, rotisserie chicken or leftover roast beef for the corned beef.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into cubes (about 2 cups)
- 10 ounces puff pastry shells (1 pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweet red peppers (1 large pepper) or 1 cup sweet green pepper, chopped (1 large pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (1 stalk)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked corned beef, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons minced fines herbes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the stock in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. dd the potatoes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Bake, cool, and remove "tops" of the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat; add the pepper, and onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir i the potatoes and corned beef. Increase the heat to medium-high & cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley & season to taste.
- Pour water into a 12-inch skillet until it's about 2-inches deep; stir in the vinegar.Heat over high heat to a boil.
- Crack the eggs (one by one) and add to the skillet one at a time. Reduce the heat to low. Cook the eggs to desired doneness.
- Remove the eggs from the skillet with a slotted spoon, drain on paper toweling and then move to a dish and keep warm.
- Heat the soup and cream in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring often & add Worctershire sauce and hot sauce (if using).
- Spoon the potato mixture into pastry shells. Top each with 1 egg.
- Spoon the mixture over the eggs and serve immediately.
- E N J O Y!
- Serve with a nice grape juice punch.