Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious summer salad, bursting with flavor.
Make and share this Red Potato, Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, small, quartered (do not peel)
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- Whirl the vinegar, oil, basil, salt and pepper in a blender to prepare the dressing.
- Cook the corn; remove kernels from the cobs and cool completely.
- Cover the potatoes in water (about 2 inches higher than the potatoes). Cook until tender (approx. 10-15 minutes). Drain and cool slightly. Toss with most of the dressing and set aside.
- When completely cool, toss with the remaining ingredients and the balance of the dressing. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Best served at room temperature to allow the flavors to come through.
- In a hurry? Use one tube of prepared basil in place of fresh basil. Shake the dressing to mix, do not use blender. Steam a large bag of frozen, petite yellow corn and cool it. I sometimes toss everything together, except the cherry tomatoes, while it’s still warm.