Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Deen Brothers. It's very simple but delicious.
- 1 lb baby red potato, halved
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cook about 15 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add beans; cook about 3 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes, beans, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook about 2 minutes, or until heated through, tossing to coat.
- Add basil and toss once more before serving.
Very good and easy side dish. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't have fresh basil so used dried. We all enjoyed it.
Absolutely wonderful! Followed the recipe exactly and used fresh basil. This is a keeper! Thank you for posting.
This is sooooooo good. Simple and fresh. I like to add a bit more olive oil (drizzle it right over the potatoes) and let the vegetables get a little crust on them in the skillet. It's key to season well with salt and pepper. Winning dish - we love it.