Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy yet tasty recipe and is excellent over rice.
- 1360.77 g package center-cut pork chops (or the assorted will work)
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt (I use Tony chachere's)
- 78.07 ml cooking oil, to fry pork chops (of your choice )
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 283.49 g can tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes (I use Italian seasoned)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml water
- Wash the pork chops and season with the Garlic Powder and the season salt. Place in a heated skillet with enough of the cooking oil to fry the chops. They do not have to be fried all the way through.
- Take them out lay them on a paper towel to cool.
- While they are cooling, Mix all of the remaining ingredients including 2 Tbs of the drippings into a large sauce pan, turn the heat on low, and stir.
- While that is simmering cut the pork chops up into about 1 inch cubes, drop them into the red sauce and stir. You can turn the heat up a little at this point if you want, but this needs to simmer at least 15 mins.once the last piece of meat is added to the simmering pot. Stir occasionally.