This is a very easy yet tasty recipe and is excellent over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) package center-cut pork chops (or the assorted will work)
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt (I use Tony chachere's)
- 1/3 cup cooking oil, to fry pork chops (of your choice )
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I use Italian seasoned)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1Wash the pork chops and season with the Garlic Powder and the season salt. Place in a heated skillet with enough of the cooking oil to fry the chops. They do not have to be fried all the way through.
- 2Take them out lay them on a paper towel to cool.
- 3While they are cooling, Mix all of the remaining ingredients including 2 Tbs of the drippings into a large sauce pan, turn the heat on low, and stir.
- 4While that is simmering cut the pork chops up into about 1 inch cubes, drop them into the red sauce and stir. You can turn the heat up a little at this point if you want, but this needs to simmer at least 15 mins.once the last piece of meat is added to the simmering pot. Stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1072.0
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 275.5 mg
- Sodium 1417.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 100.0 g