Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy yet tasty recipe and is excellent over rice.
Make and share this Red Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) package center-cut pork chops (or the assorted will work)
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt (I use Tony chachere's)
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil, to fry pork chops (of your choice )
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I use Italian seasoned)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Wash the pork chops and season with the Garlic Powder and the season salt. Place in a heated skillet with enough of the cooking oil to fry the chops. They do not have to be fried all the way through.
- Take them out lay them on a paper towel to cool.
- While they are cooling, Mix all of the remaining ingredients including 2 Tbs of the drippings into a large sauce pan, turn the heat on low, and stir.
- While that is simmering cut the pork chops up into about 1 inch cubes, drop them into the red sauce and stir. You can turn the heat up a little at this point if you want, but this needs to simmer at least 15 mins.once the last piece of meat is added to the simmering pot. Stir occasionally.