1/1 Photo of Red Pickled Cabbage
I go nuts over this cabbage in the Paris delis. Red cabbage is very good you you and this keeps 2 weeks in my fridge with no problem. The crunch is still there! Use all organic ingredients if possible. A terrific side dish to an omelette or sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate or shred cabbage into very thin slivers.
- 2Place cabbage in a porcelain bowl.
- 3Add 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- 4Add 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar (I like the organic one).
- 5Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of raw honey.
- 6Toss and mix everything together and add salt & pepper to taste.
- 7Store in glass jar(s). Keeps fresh for a long time.
- 8The ratio can be adjusted to your taste. If you like it more tart, add more vinegar and so on.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pickled Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g